Monday, September 14, 2009

The Last Leg of Halima's Journey

Dear friends,
We will keep you updated on this adventure of bringing our Somali daughter home. We are making plans to leave 9/16, Wednesday morning.

For now a bit of a cute story. With all the wonders she's seen since leaving Africa, the one she was most excited about was the parakeets in a neighbors apartment. She was so excited to see these colorful birds up close and she needed me to SKYPE her with the webcam so I could see them as well. There were about 5 of different colors in a large cage. I saw our common pet through new eyes and it was a joy.

I'll try to record as best I can our journey. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Kathleen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP